Skip Navigation

Upper Division Grade Requirements

Grades are an important factor in your admission as an upper-division transfer. It is important to note that there are different ways grades are used in the admission process.

To be considered as an upper division transfer, you must have completed a minimum of 60 semester or 90 quarter units of transferable coursework, and meet the minimum CSU admission requirement of 2.00 grade point average (GPA). The GPA is calculated using all transferrable coursework attempted. Some high demand campuses and programs may have additional admission standards, including a higher grade point average on all coursework attempted.

Within the transferable courses, there must be 30 semester units or 45 quarter units of general education coursework which includes written communication, oral communication, critical thinking and mathematics. These four sections of general education must be completed with a grade of C- or better for each course.

Typically, you complete at least 10 general education courses. If you are applying to a high-unit major such as science, technology, engineering and some math-based fields, be sure to check with the CSU campus for their requirements in this area or your California community college transfer counselor.

Copyright © 1997-2017 XAP Corporation. All rights reserved.
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the XAP Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.