Early Start Program
The goals of Early Start are to better prepare students in math and English before their first semester, thereby improving their chances of completing a college degree.
- Early Start is required for incoming students who have not fulfilled the Entry Level Math and/or English Placement Test proficiency requirements.
- The program takes place the summer before the freshman year.
- Upon admission, CSU campuses will inform students how and where to sign up for Early Start.
- Courses that fulfill Early Start will be available at every CSU campus, at a few community colleges, and online.
- Financial aid will be available for those who demonstrate need.
For more information, visit www.csusuccess.org/earlystart.